Saturday, December 27, 2008

First Entry

As most of you know I am choosing to serve a mission for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I have been called to serve in the Mexico, Chihuahua mission for a period of 2 years. The reason I am starting a blog before I am leaving is so everyone can follow and read about my trip through the MTC and Mexico. I am allowed to email my family every week and so instead of having everyone receive a forward from my mom each week; anyone can just come to this blog and read the emails I send because Danielle will be posting them here. I can not receive emails from people but I can receive letters and would love to hear from everyone! :D

I will be in the MTC until March 3 and my address there is:
Elder Andrew Doran Davidson
Mexico Chihuahua Mission
Provo Missionary Training Center
MTC Mailbox #137
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604

Also, DearElder.com will allow you to send me letters for FREE while I am in the MTC. You sign up, its free, and then you can write me a letter. They will print it out and mail it for you too. Im not sure if they still send them free when I move to Mexico, but try it out and let me know :)

I will then move to Chihuahua Mexico from March 2009 until December 2010. The mail system in Mexico is a little sketchy so the Church does their own mail system called 'pouch.' This is a much better and reliable mailing system, but they have very strict rules. ONLY postcards and letters that are single sheet, folded into three-panels, and taped only at the top(NO envelops), may be sent through pouch. Mail the pouch letters to:
Elder Andrew Doran Davidson
Mexico Chihuahua Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City UT 84130-0150
USA
Remeber this is the address for the pouch letters to Mexico. This is only one US stamp too. This is the one I strongly encourage if you are just trying to mail a letter!

My actual Mexico address that you can send packages and mail me letters at(not always reliable) is:
Elder Andrew Doran Davidson
Mexico Chihuahua Mission
Calle Ojinaga # 2210 A, Antes Morelos
Colonia Cuauhtemoc
31020 Chihuahua, Chihuahua
Mexico
I am not sure how much it costs to mail letters or varrying packages, so you might want to check with the post office. I dont think it is too much. :) Once again DearElder.com is a viable way to send me things as well.
Thank you so much for you love and support! I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment