Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Jan 12th 2009

Hey everyone!So another week down! This one went by much faster than the last. It still hasbeen crazy hard! We are just learning so much and trying to learn an entirelanguage! It definitely is hard feeling like I always have so very much to do! Ihave been able to pick up on a lot of spanish tho, it is very nice to have beenin an area where I have heard a lot of it so I am way better off at speaking itthan some of the guys. Spanish is just a way better language than english thohaha. Its true tho, im a very logical person and it really makes a lot moresense the way they order there sentences and speak it. We have been practicingtalking a lot and everyweek we have to go to the teaching resource center and"teach" a fake investigator. This week we have to talk to 3 differentppl in spanish for 5 minutes and then teach a 35 minute lesson in english. Itwent really well. My companion struggles with the language a lot so I was theone speaking most of the time during the spanish part. It was actually a lot offun to be communicating in an entirely new language that I really startedlearning a week a go! Nuts huh?! My companion and I are way different, but we have been getting along muchbetter and we are able to help each other a lot. Sometimes he is just what Ineed when I am having a hard time and is a big help to me! He is a nice guy! ILOVE all of the guys in my zone and district tho! I have made so many friendsthat I know I am going to continue to be friends with after the mission as well!Some go to BYU and some at UVU and some are just from around here. Its been WAYhard, but we have been having some fun too! Its nice that we all are kinda goingtho this togther and know how we all are feeling so we can help each other outmore. the days are still way long but they are going by quicker now. im kindagetting used to the schedule now too which is nice. it is just way intense. weare up and doing a ton of things 16 hours a day with no naps... which is sadbecuase i love naps haha. we stay real busy tho so i never seem to get tootried.the past few days have been really hard but last night me had an amaingdevotional bu richard heaton. he talked about forgetting ourselves and justdevoting ourselves to the lord and everything that he wants to accomplish. healso tlaked a lot about including the lord in every decision we make. it wasjust really good to realize that i am not here for my self. i am here for myfriends, for spencer, for trevor, for danielle, for mom and dad, i am here forall of my extended family, and my best friend, i am here for the people ofchihuahua, and first and foremost i am here for my father in heaven who hasblessed me with so much. it was just a great realization to get over myself andto allow my self to serve in the fullest. i was an outstanding devotional. it has been rough and very hard but i know i need to be here and in the longrun two years is not very long at all. it should be easy to give so little timeof my life compared to all that i have been blessed with. thank you so much for all of the love and support that you all send. i reallyappreciate it and respond to as quick as i can. i love you so much. -Elder Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment