Monday, January 5, 2009

Most recent e-mail from Andrew to his family

My Family! So obviously my pdays are monday! And those are the days I get to read and write emails. I have a TIMED 30 minutes so make sure not to make them too long or else I wont have too much time to write back. I would love actual letters tho! I can read those anytime, and you could just email them to danielle and have her print them and mail them for free through BYU. Oh and I have sent a letter home last thursday and sent one today for spencer! Happy birthday spencer!Anyways,So far so good. The days have been very very long and I feel like I have been here forever and a half! I think thats why I have not recieved any letters from anyone but Larissa yet. It does take a while for things to get here tho, especially becuase it has been snowing so much lately, im sure danielle has told you about it. My companions name is Ryan Hillary and is a cool guy. We are WAY different so it has been interesting working together and getting along. He is from Sandy Utah and its been interesting getting along ha ha. There are a ton of way cool guys in my district and in my zone so it has been fun getting to know them. My companion also went to BYU this last semester and we even had a class togther, but we had never even seen each other before. So we have to be up at 6:30 and then in class by 7 every day! Then we are in class pretty much ALL day, literally, with the exception of 3 30-45 minute meals each day. I have been learning a ton tho, I already have taught the first lesson with my companion(in english) and have learned to pray and to bear my testimony in spanish already. All of church on sunday is in spanish and the teachers almost always speak in spanish. Our zone also has a rule that we are not allowed to speak english in the dinning hall, which became in effect today(we had a few days before they inforced it on the new guys) It has just been amazing to learn the gospel like never before. After taking 5 religion classes I thought it would not be to much more but it really is. I am beginning to understand so much more! Its hard feeling like I have a million and one things to do ALL the time, but I will definitely write back if anyone writes me. We are also only allowed to go to the temple on pdays and sundays and other than that we have to be in the MTC. Its not like it used to be dad :D So on sat we finally had our first gym which was a lot of fun! I fianally got to play basketball and there were some really competitve games going. We usually get gym everyday, just the first week we have oprientation so much we have no time for gym.The first few days were really sad and really hard to get used to being up for 17 hours a day and to be working hard most of the time. I also struggled to sleep a lot my first couple nights, but its been getting better. So the food is identical to the food in the cannon center! So i feel right at home with that haha. It been good food and I have been really watching what I eat so i dont gain weight while I am here. We really only get 1 hour of excersise a day so I have been tring not to eat very much. :)It also has been weird with no phone! I am just getting used to not reaching for it when I am free or each night to call and tell you some stories. Today was the best day so far, and it was nice to have some free time for once so we could actually get to talk to my roommates and guys in the district and get to know them a little bit better. I just got my pictures into the lab today so i will get them back on thursday and will mail them then. I only have a few but ill try to take more. I also had to get 2 shots that cost like 80$ when I first check in, so mom, if you could add about 80$ to my debit card I could finally pay for them, thanks mom!Thanks so much for all of your love and support I cant not wait tohear from you! please write! I love you! Love you

No comments:

Post a Comment