Monday, February 9, 2009

Hi everyone!!! So another week gone in the MTC already! I only have 3 weeks left here before I leave! Crazy! We leave at 3am in three weeks from now Monday! So that is very exciting! I think dearelder.com still works in Mexico, but I'm not sure if it is free or not, maybe someone could check and let me know. Thanks!So this week was another amazing week! My companion and I have been getting along great and have really developed a good friendship. a lot of the elders in the new districts in our zone our way cool and I rally enjoy being friends with them! we also officially taught for the first time in Spanish this week. We had a fake meal,and had to use vocab for that for 15 minutes and share a scripture with them( the fake investigators we teach here) and then we had a whole 35 minute lesson in Spanish! It went really well and we know most of the grammar and such, we really just need to practice and continue to practice at this point. I'm way excited to go to Mexico!This week I really feel like I learned the true importance on ALWAYS living worthy to have the Spirit with you! When I was in the resource center(where incoming calls and chats go from Mormon.org) I was talking to someone and really felt the Spirit tell me what exactly to talk about! i don't think I have EVER felt the spirit this strong in my life and I really want to always live worthy to help guide me in my life. Its really an indescribable feeling, and I don't think I have ever known anything as sure as I know this is truly Christs church. He really has witnessed to me that this is His church and His gospel and that we really are doing His work. There is truly no greater cause in the whole earth! I'm so so so so so appreciative that I am able to be apart of this great work. I know that I have never experienced so much pure joy in all my life, I love this Gospel and I love doing His work. It really is amazing! Its worth EVERYTHING and ANYTHING to have the spirit as a constant guide, I know that I am going to do everything I am capable of to allow Him to guide and direct me. Sorry to talk so much about that, the spirit has just truly overwhelmed me this week and I have never been so happy in my life. I know I am truly being blessed for this service for the Lord. Quick note for anyone deciding to come on a mission: Serving a mission for a short two years is in NO way a sacrifice. I made the mistake of thinking that, and I have truly felt horrible that I ever looked at serving as a sacrifice. It is honestly a blessing and I know that me and my family and friends will be blessed for my service. As I have come to learn the true meaning of His work, i have learned that I am the privileged one to have the opportunity to be apart of this work. After all I have been blessed with in my life, it is the LEAST I could do for Him. He has done so very much for me, and now I have the opportunity to help Him. It is the greatest feeling on earth, I promise! :D Please do not allow yourself to pass up this opportunity, its worth everything !The MTC is going great and I have learned so very much. The teachers here are amazing too! Thank you so very much for all of your love and support! It means so very much to me! Thank you! I LOVE hearing from you! Love, Elder Andrew Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment