Tuesday, May 18, 2010

5/18/10

Hey everyone!

So this week I had a number of great experiences that have helped me so much to grow and learn.

So first off..... this week is missionary Sunday and normally the 4 of us speak in sacrament meeting, us and the 2 sisters in the ward. But this week we decided to sing two songs and each of us were to share a conversion story from the mission that we have had. So I obviously choose the story of Jesus Huerta (Chewy) from Meoqui. Then on Sunday before church started the sisters tell me they have a surprise for me! Then Chewy walks in the door!!! My convert from Meoqui!!!! Crazy! I was so excited and had many emotions! He was there visiting with a few people from Delicias! I was so so excited! Then he tells me he now has the Melchizedek priesthood and is the young men's president!!! His mom has had cancer for a while and the night he received the priesthood he went home and gave his mom a blessing! Then he showed me pictures and turns out two weeks ago he went to the temple in Juarez! He performed baptisms there and Edwin his younger brother went as well! :) He is attending institute and all and that he is going on a mission in a year!!!!!!!!! He has NEVER told me that before. Before it was an idea we tried to instill in him, but he told me with so much surety and determination! Then I had to speak in church and share his conversion story in front of him and at the end I told the congregation that he was there and that it was the first time I had seen him in 4 and a half months! It was SO weird to see him there with all his member friends and SO changed! He had a new light in his face and about him. Also it was cool to be with him in class and hear him respond like a normal member and all..... he has changed so much and is so much happier and more relaxed. It was a very joyous experience to be able to talk to him for a bit! :)

The week went great and we have a number of people preparing for baptism.

Sayra Acosta (10 year old investigator) is going to get baptized this week and is way exciting and she such an example to her family. They have a lot of problems.

Also Marisol is an investigator we have taught for 3 weeks and it is going great. She and her daughter are going to get baptized the 29th of May :) She is SUPER intelligent and understanding everything so well. She is 25 years old and has had a hard life and is way ready for the gospel. She also is a designer and has a way cool modern house :)

This week the scriptures have helped me so much and I realize the power of daily study. It is something I can never miss and starts my day out so well!

I love you all so much and thank you for all of the love and support!

Love

Elder Andrew Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment