Sunday, October 10, 2010

9/27/2010

9/27/10

Hey everyone!

So ALL goes well here and I am doing well and very happy to be honest. I think I have never been so happy in my life and have never felt so good here in the mission. I have come to really love the mission life and I will be very sad when it is over. But in this area things are going so well and we had a baptism this past week. Adilene was baptised and it was a bit tough because her family was not too happy and did not support her too much, but she was very strong and has a strong testimony. Her husband seems to be coming around and I know he will get baptised soon. :)

Felix Flores, the investigator I told you about last week is still doing great!! He is now reading in the middle of second Nephi and is so smart and comments all the time about stuff he has learned and understands everything so well. He even comes with us to teach another investigator who is a friend of his girlfriend. He is going to visit his family who lives like 2 hours away to tell them about his decision to get baptised and it is the only big trial he has right now. He can't get baptised this week because of conference, but he will get baptised the 9th of October. I am pumped and he is going to be one of my best converts in the mission!! He is going to be a future leader of the church some day :) Plus it is a lot of fun to be with him and the family of his girlfriend. They are all students and it reminds me a lot of school and I feel like we have a lot in common. AND we always have really good and powerful lessons because Jared, the ex missionary is powerful as well and so when his girlfriend, Lizzy participates as well it makes for powerful lessons with Felix. I feel like I will be Friends with them for a long time, well most of my life.

All goes well with my new Bolivian companion. He continues to learn and we get along well. He also teaches me a lot about his country and we have become good friends. He is also a good teacher and so our teaching has gone really well. Life is great and there is a LOT to do.

We are also finally gaining the confidence of the members here and especially of the Bishop. the ward has a bad story with a lot of missionaries in their ward and so they are slow to trust the missionaries. But they have seen that we are different and we have started to work with them a lot so they can have spiritual experiences with us as well. The bishop is thrilled and I really like him.

We spoke in church on Sunday and it went really well as well, I think it is one of the things that helped us to gain so much of the confidence of the members. I talked a lot about 1 Nephi 8 and missionary work and the spirit was strong there.

We are planning a ward activity to do with the members for the 8th of October and we have planned a stake activity for the 17th of October. I will let you know how they go :)

I Love you all and thank you so much for all of your support and love

Elder Andrew Davidson


No comments:

Post a Comment