Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Hey Everyone! So this past week has been the hardest week of my life! For sure! I laugh atthe thought that the MTC was ever hard at this point!! Haha, we are literallybusy every second of the day... that is no exageration either! We literally haveevery moment planned and never get enough sleep or study time. It has beenextremely hard to adjust to working all the time and understanding littlespanish. Well I can understand most of what they say, I just can not speakenough to really resond to the people's questions, and that is the hardest part forme. I really want to be able to help people and talk to everyone and help mycompanion but its hard when I am not fluent yet. I help with teaching thelessons and contacting people and such, but my companion is the one who has to doall the answering questions and conversational stuff. Its really hard for me tojust watch when I know how to do everything and be a missionary and such and yetI just can not speak enough spanish to do it all. Its my personality to betalkative and talk to everyone and get to know lots of people, but because ofthe lanuage barrier, I have to just watch my companion, which pretty much killsme... haha. It has been NUTS here in Mexico. Like 10 times a day, I have to stopthinking and be like "wow, I live in Mexico"... haha. Like today when I sawsomeone in a carriage being pulled by a donkey... haha. There are tons of crazythings that happen everyday. I wish I had more time to be able to tell you morestories. My companion is a convert to the church, 4 years ago, but he is AMAZINGat teaching and talking to people. Everyone loves him and he does so well, Ithink that is why I want to be able to talk so badly because I am jealous he isthe only one who gets to talk to people and share the gospel.. haha. He is anamazing help though, and NO he does NOT speak any english.... well besides like"take it easy", and "whats up baby", haha. He is fun to be with though. I like theMexican people a ton! I have never seen more humble and kind people in my life.There are so so so many ridiculously kind people here. Oh and one of the thingsI love the most is that people are not extremely judgemental like everyone inthe states is. I LOVE that! I have loved getting to know so much more about theMexican culture. Espescially because I am talking to people ALL day, and livewith one too.. haha. It has been an amazing experience!Two days ago in the morning, I was struggling a lot with being in Mexico and notknowing spanish and having to only watch my companion and thinking that I couldbe so much more effective somewhere else where I could speak the language. Andall morning while we were walking (which is a ton by the way), I was thinking alot about it. I talked to my companion a little too and he always cheers me uptoo. But I realized that the Lord would not have sent me here if I did not need to be,and it also helped me to realize how very important knowledge is and the value ofit. I also realized that the Lord needs me to know spanish to help build Hiskingdom later in life as well and how many things I am learnng each day. I ambeing taught the two most imporatant things that I need right now, humility andmost of all patience! Haha, everyone knows how very impatient I am, and thistruly has been the ultimate test. I am so very grateful for it though, and IKNOW that through learning to rely more and more on the Lord, he will bless meand allow me to become a better person. It has been an amazing lesson onlearning to rely on the Lord, because sometimes I do feel really alone and ithas made a huge differnece as I have learned to rely on the Lord.So people keep asking me how Juarez is with the saftey and such, well right nowthe government sent 5,000 troops up and everything has cooled off a lot. Also keep inmind how crazy the media is, and is it not half as bad as the media says it is. Butwe see like 40 trucks full of troops with giant guns drving around everyday,haha. They look so legit and there are always like 3 trucks and they are usuallyHummers too.
Oh and about the whole mailing thing. So there is the El Pasoaddress where you will mail me stuff my whole mission, but while I am in Juarez,there is a member in the ward who has a PO box in El Paso because she worksthere, so she will send my mail for me and it is MUCH quicker to send mailthrough her to me. I will get it everyweek.
The REGULAR EL PASO ADDRESS FOR MY WHOLE MISSION THAT GOES THROUGH MY MISSIONPRESIDENT, BUT TAKES A WHILE IS

FOR LETTER ONLY
Elder Andrew Davidson o-o Edgar Flores Prieto
1650 Sioux Dr. CH. 44781
El Paso, TX 79925

FOR PACKAGES AND ENVELOPES ONLY
Edgar Flores-Elder Andrew Davidson
2220 Bassett Ave
PMB 106
El Paso, TX 79901

The address that goes through the PO box for the lady in my ward that I will ONLY BE ABLE TO USE WHILE I AM IN JUAREZ FOR A COUPLE MONTHS is
Juliana Orozco o-o Elder Andrew Davidson
P.O. BOX 971802
El Paso, TX 79997
This address is good and much much fater while I am in Juarez. I will tell youwhen I leave Juarez and you have to use the other adresss, but for now, thisaddress is the best one to use to send me things, both packages and letters cango to the PO box and she picks it up every Friday. Sorry if I was not clear andit is confusing, please let me know.Sorry to go, but we have very little time to read and send out email here. Wehave very little time for everything... haha. We are so busy and work extremelyhard. It has been very tough, but its coming along much better now. Hopefullythe next week is faster... haha.I love you all so very much and I can not wait to hear from all of you!
Love, Elder Andrew Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment