Monday, April 12, 2010

3/2/2010

3/2/10

Hey everyone!

So another week gone by faster than ever before! This week was a better week for the most part, with the exception of Sunday.

My comp and I continue to get along better and we are working together great. I feel like I was also able to learn a lot about teaching efficiently this week which I hope will have a good affect of the rest of my mission. This week we also worked a lot more with the members and we were able to accomplish a lot with them. The lessons are always a lot more powerful when they are there and are able to help apply it more.

So this week was a trail with the investigators.... The week went EXCELLENT and we helped so many people progress and all and we had 10 people with baptism dates and all. We visited them all of Saturday in the night and they are were way excited and ready to learn, then on Sunday almost NO ONE comes..... it was devastating and its one of those times when you have to rethink things. When I teach and all we become a part of the investigators lives and we come to have a strong friendship, so when they don’t come to church it’s real sad. We even had rides for all of them and all. But trials help us to grow and to be better missionaries. Turns out they all had a bunch of little excuses... ha-ha! Like sick kids or last second work problems.... so we have high hopes for next week and everyone continues to progress.

Right now the Apodaca family is doing great and them only thing they struggled with was the book of Mormon, but they read the Book of Mormon on Sunday night and changed their opinions to say the least :) They are SUPER smart and have studied the bible a lot so they understand a lot of our message. It a big family, so we hope to start with the mom and the daughter and then continue to be able to baptize the other members of the family.

We also had our interviews with President Flores this week and it was WAY different than before. . I love learning from him and he always gets us way pumped up.

The mission goes great and I am well and happy!

Thank you all for all of your love and support!

Love elder Andrew Davidson

3/9/10

Hey everyone!

SO there is a lot to tell all of you, but I have very little time so I won’t be able to tell much about the week. My comp is going home this Monday so I had to get a lot of photos and such off his USB card before he left so I lost a lot of the time I had to write.... sorry!

So we baptized Cristian Cobos this past Saturday and it went super well. He is the son of a less active family we have helped to become active in the church. They are WAY excited and I hope to be at their sealing in the temple soon :) He was confirmed on Sunday and it was excited to see them so happy and together at church. We are trying to get the brother of the husband, Ramiro, to come to church but he plays in a band and so can’t come much. We hope to teach them a lot more this week and we will see how it goes.

So we have been teaching Ricardo Gonzales for about a month now and he is going to get baptized this Saturday! :) He is 28 years old and Nora, a member, brought him to church one Sunday. He is way excited to change his life and has stopped smoking, drinking, and drinking coffee :) He has become a good friend and I'm way excited for his baptism for this Saturday!

My comp is leaving soon and it kind of sucks to be honest. I prefer to not be with missionaries as they end the mission, but I know there is much to learn from it all and it will help me to be a much better missionary in the long run. He leaves on Sunday and we don't have changes in the mission till like Wednesday... so we will see how it goes. I am going to go with some of the missionaries from my district for the days and be alone as a zone leader so it will be a long 2-3 days. Double work! But I’m excited and know I will learn a lot in the process.

The mission goes well and I have learned so much from my current companion Elder Montero. We are a lot alike and so we clash sometimes, but that just means I need to be more humble!

I received a letter today from Cheryl and Grandma Stevenson so that was nice to read and it’s always good to hear about how Tyler is doing in Texas! :)

I love you all so much and thank you for all the support even if I seem to be terrible at writing back or thank you cards... please forgive me!

Love

Elder Andrew Davidson

No comments:

Post a Comment